Carnac Island 1/2 Day Sail
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Fremantle, WA
- Product code: PKLLGX
Carnac Island is a leisurely 45 minute sail from Fremantle Boat Harbour, through the gentle waters of Cockburn Sound. It is an important haul out location for Australian Sea Lions and a myriad of sea birds as well as boasting spectacular diving, snorkelling and fishing. A large sheltered bay on the eastern side of Carnac provides a safe haven from the southwest wind and swell – you just might have to share the beach with some playful juvenile Sea Lions! Bottlenose Dolphins are also very common in the area and Capella is able to get closer than other boats without noisy motors to scare them off.
The clear, calm, shallow waters of Carnac island allow Capella to venture almost right up to the shore where you can literally step off into waist deep water to frolic with the Sea Lions or head off for a snorkel. If the easterly is up no worries!... The western side of Carnac is an absolute delight with high limestone cliffs plunging into the water and a truly spectacular anchorage perfect for paddling the kayaks around.
- A leisurely cruise across to Carnac Island, Perth's hidden gem - accessible only by boat.
- Anchor up in a beautiful bay and make use of the kayaks and stand-up paddle board
- Frolic with the Sea Lions or head off for a snorkel (Snorkel equipment is provided)
- Learn about the Sea Lion colonies that call Carnac Island home from our passionate guides.
- Delicious morning tea* before sailing back to Fremantle.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bathers & Towel
- Additional food or drink if you require** (see below)
- Sailing is an outdoor activity and exposure to the elements should be expected. Perfect weather conditions are never guaranteed.
- We reserve the right to cancel and reschedule if conditions become unsafe. Tour cancellations are at the sole discretion of Charter 1. If we are unable to accommodate you on another date we will provide you with a refund.
RESCHEDULES / REFUNDS
- A lot of planning goes in to ensuring that guests get to experience this tour on their preferred date.
- Tours are non-refundable but date changes may occur, subject to tour T&C's found here: https://www.charter1.com.au/terms-and-conditions/
*DIETARY REQUIREMENTS / ALLERGIES
Morning tea is provided complimentary as part of this experience. We offer a range of sweet and savory options that caters to most tastes (e.g. fruit, cakes, pastries, juice, coffee/teas), however if you have specific food requirements you are welcome to bring your own. We try to be as broad as possible but are unable to cater to individual needs. Please advise us of any serious allergies (i.e. anaphylaxis) that we should be aware of during the booking process.